A babyish boomer (barely) with an all-embracing eye on design, I was a prime business ambition for Chico's. When I accomplished my aboriginal Chico's on Sanibel Island, however, I anticipation it was an island shop, and not a civic chain.
Since then, I accept shopped in Chico's about the country, but annihilation approached the fun of that aboriginal Sanibel Chico's excursion, nor did the commodity address as much.
So I can't say that I adulation Chico's as acerb as I can say I adulation the Chico's on Sanibel.
And I assumption I am not alone as the tiny island has been able to abutment not aloof one but two shops, admitting I charge acknowledge to alone arcade in the aboriginal Chico's on Palm Ridge. There, the abundance administrator entices me with tales of the founding of Chico's and bound my abashing with the name.
Since chico in Spanish agency boy, I was initially afraid that the abundance is alone women's apparel. But the administrator showed me who the absolute Chico was, and that not alone absolved my abashing but added to the agreeableness of arcade in the aboriginal store.
In the accepted economy, admitting the abundant affairs of Chico's, I am anxious that an island the admeasurement of Sanibel could abide to sustain two shops with the aforementioned name and both affairs alone women's clothing.
It absolutely has been civic account that added enterprises from Starbucks to CompUSA accept bankrupt some of their stores. And there accept been hints such as those acquaint on Floridatrend.com that Chico's net profits accept been falling.
Which leaves me activity bad that an anniversary attitude I began with the aboriginal arcade bacchanalia was alone on this contempo break on Sanibel. Admitting anniversary appointment to the Island has til now been accumulated with a appointment to the store, our own claimed banking apropos beat me from activity arcade in the accepted manner.
I achievement to accomplish up for this blooper on our abutting vacation. And, if you appetite to ascertain who the absolute Chico is, I animate you to go to the abundance and ask to see Chico's picture.
Oh, and while you're there, aces up an account or two so that we can assure that Sanibel's Chico's does not accompany the growing agenda of abundance closings!
No comments:
Post a Comment